
our first snow storm of 2010 and celebrating a full year on our property



our humble system = van with heat for sleeping. frut (free hut) with heat, oil lamps and propane kitchen set up for lounging and cooking. I took a few photos below a ways just to recapture what our living quarters look like. I have a lot of raised eyebrows when I try to explain, so hopefully a visual will sum it up.

last week the Spartan with snow.

this week the Spartan getting insulation

rigid sheets of insulation need to be cut down and nested into the steel under carriage...i love you Bob for doing this nasty project


inside of frut that we built of free materials. door & rocket stove for heat






and full circle back around, roughly 145 sq. feet of perfectness.

din.din.

i love tyvek paper. just ask Bob, any time we drive by Hadlock Building Supply...a.k.a. HBS, I can't wait to drive to the lumber yard and look for used tyvek paper that they pull off the lumber stacks. I bring it back to the frut and repurpose it for the walls, cut off drafts, cover the woodpile etc...and it doesn't cost a cent.




ooops put those on twice, damn winter brew.


rico nests nicely under the rest of the carport. a cozy haven for sleeping.

our coffee time books.

usually when people restore a trailer they have it on lifts so that you aren't laying on the ground to work. Well, we don't have a shop big enough to have the trailer inside or on lifts, so Bob makes do on the cold ground with little wriggly room.

doin' it and doin' it and doin' it yeah

No comments:
Post a Comment