
i recently added a third raised bed for winter planting of which i best be gettin' on.
I love raised beds, no wood to mess with, things to build...just tilling the soil, amending it and planting.

basil, the quintessential summer herb and boy do we have a lot. so much that I am finally tired of it. jars of pesto are now taking up space in the freezer for a winter long of fried eggs w/ pesto on bagels. Here is a wonderful gift from my mom that sits in the garden along side her fathers painted frog from the nursery back home in Illinois. Thanks mom! I love my glowing dragonfly.

first rain barrel for catchment and watering the garden

potatoes growing rapidly and in their little cedar nest that Bob made. just waiting for them to flower, then die, then harvest, then cold store.

happy almost one year anniversary pooh. the right side compartment is our humanure composting away and beginning November 1st we will put this pile to rest for one more year when it will then be ready to go back into the earth. pretty darn cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment